As an accountant, the majority of your communication with clients and colleagues occurs in a written format. Therefore, it is critical that you are able to write about technical concepts in a way that is easy for your readers to understand. In this practical webinar, you will receive tips on drafting effective e-mails and documents. You will learn how to view your own writing from the perspective of your clients and colleagues.
Upon course completion, you will be able to:
- Put yourself in the shoes of your clients and apply this perspective to your writing
- Explain technical accounting concepts using simple language
- Decide when to repeat a term vs. when to use a synonym
- Determine when to use (and when not to use) the word “and”
- Draft e-mails and documents that are easy to read – even for non-accountants.
Advanced Preparation: None
Field of Study: Communications and Marketing
Program Level: Intermediate