This practical webinar examines investigative methodologies and reports through the lens of their ultimate audiences — the arbitrators, judges, and juries who decide cases. In this practical webinar, you will learn the “nuts and bolts” of evidentiary standards that apply in assessing investigative conclusions, as well as the impact of social movements such as #MeToo on outcomes.
Upon course completion, you will be able to:
- Define procedural requirements and evidentiary standards by which investigatory reports and findings are assessed in three different forums:
- Administrative hearings
- Prepare strategic decisions about the use of investigative reports and investigator testimony
- Develop approaches for handling and defending inadequate investigations
- Avoid common pitfalls and blind spots for investigators and advocates
- Implement best practices for confronting and managing negative factual findings