In this practical webinar, you will learn about nexus in sales and use tax and how it affects your organization. You’ll review how nexus rules and subsequent enforcement have changed dramatically in recent months. You’ll learn how your organization acquires nexus and how you can manage it.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Define “nexus”
- List the factors that give your organization nexus
- Recognize the relationship between nexus and sales and use taxes
- Discuss recent court decisions and their effect on your organization’s nexus
- Identify why nexus has been a problem for the states and describe the efforts by states and the federal government to deal with it
- Determine how small businesses are protected under the new rules
- Identify what states you have nexus in, and describe what actions you may need to take
Program Level: Intermediate
Field of Study: Taxes, Business Law
Credit Type: Group Internet Based for the Live Program.