The number of 401(k)/403(b) audits conducted by the Department of Labor is increasing. In this practical webinar, you will learn about the new compliance and disclosures requirements that have been implemented over recent years.
You will also learn about best practices as it relates to operation of your company’s retirement plan, common compliance pitfalls, key deadlines, required employee notices, new plan limits for 2019, and audit red flags. Additionally, with the Fiduciary Rule getting derailed in 2018, employers will need to better educate themselves on how to benchmark plan fees and investment performance within their company’s retirement plan.
Upon course completion, you will be able to:
- Recognize audit trends and new hardship distribution rules
- Reference compliance failure case studies
- Anticipate issues with employee enrollment
- Adjust the process for rehired employees
- Prepare new employee notices
- Avoid 401(k) loan pitfalls and beneficiary designation mistakes
- Identify compliance issues for business owners with multiple businesses
- Categorize fidelity bonds
Advanced Preparation: None
Program Level: Intermediate
Field of Study: Finance