Did you know that the average person has over 170 online accounts? This number is expected to grow to over 200 by the year 2020. We’re now dependent on the internet to conduct much of our lives and communicate. While technology has made our lives easier, it has also added new challenges and complexities for estate management. How does this influence how portfolios are managed and estates are handled? More importantly, how does it impact finding and passing on assets?
In this practical webinar, you’ll learn about the digital industry and how financial and sentimental value property can often be hidden, lost, or forgotten. You will also learn about new and existing privacy laws, along with site owner Terms of Service Agreements (that we all agree to) that can prevent access to information. You’ll also look at potential solutions to utilize in an effective, secure, and lawful manner.
Upon course completion, you will be able to:
- Introduce digital assets directives management to your firm, staff, and clients
- Describe digital assets and their directives with clients
- Recognize relevant laws related to privacy
- Outline the Revised Uniform Fiduciary Access to Digital Assets Act (RUFADAA)
- Define website owner perspectives and their Terms of Service Agreements(TOSA)
- Identify available options for handing digital assets directives management
- Determine how to handle CryptoAssets
- Plan for current and future digital property acquisition based on client’s behavior