In this practical webinar, you will learn proven strategies to hone your deposition skills in order to better manage witnesses and their adversaries, while making your client more comfortable. You will gain insight into how seasoned litigators and successful trial lawyers conduct depositions. By integrating law (case law, statute, and Court Rules), practical concerns, and ethical considerations, as well as specific strategies, you will be able to depose a witness, like a seasoned veteran.
Upon course completion, you will be able to:
- Determine how to maximize opportunities often wasted at depositions, while increasing your chances of success in the lawsuit
- Determine when to ask leading questions
- Determine how and when to object
- Determine how to prepare your own witness
- Formulate a plan for your deposition
- Determine how to hide your lack of experience from your opponent