In this webinar, you’ll learn how to substantiate tax deductions. Upon completion of the course, you’ll be able to:
- Explain what is allowed under IRC §162
- Describe the burden of proof
- Detail recordkeeping requirements
- Explain how to substantiate allowable deductions
- Describe considerations around auto expenses
- Explain the “Cohan Rule”
- Discuss hobby losses
- Describe how to substantiate casualty & theft losses
CPE Participants can earn up to 1.5 CPE credits in the Taxes field of study. Please note that CPE credit is only available for viewing the live program.
CLE Credit: Attorneys can earn CLE credit for this course.
Program Level: Beginner
Advance Preparation: None
Instructional Method: Group: Internet-based
National Registry of CPE Sponsors: Clear Law Institute is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have the final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.learningmarket.org.