In this webinar you’ll learn about the most common sampling methodologies used by state taxing authorities in sales tax audits. The presentation will also cover critical terms, data requirements, projection differences and how to leverage available sampling methodologies. Upon completion of this course, you’ll be able to:
- Explain the benefits and challenges of multiple sampling methodologies
- Calculate audit liabilities based on sampling results
- Recognize and resolve potential sample issues before they occur
- Discuss how states sample and where their authority to do so comes from
- Create a standard process and checklist for sample audits
- Explain critical sampling terms and calculations
- Describe how to minimize potential sampling errors that could result in additional taxes, penalties and interest for your clients or business
CPE & CLE Credit: Participants can earn up to 2.0 CPE credits in the Taxes & Auditing fields of study. Please note that CPE credit is only available for viewing the live program. Attorneys can earn CLE credits for this course.
100% Money-Back Cancellation and Refund Policies: If you can’t make the live webinar, you may cancel at any time before the webinar begins for a full refund. If you are not satisfied with the webinar, we will provide you a full refund. For more information regarding refund, complaint and program cancellation policies, please call us at 703-372-0550.
Program Level: Beginner
Advanced Preparation: None
Instructional Method: Group-Internet Based
National Registry of CPE Sponsors: Clear Law Institute is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have the final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.learningmarket.org.