Sales and use tax professionals are expected to learn all of the 46 different state sales and use tax laws. In this practical webinar, you’ll learn the secrets to mastering state sales and use tax laws, principles of nexus, and negotiations with auditors.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Classify the four different types of taxing states
- Determine when and where the transaction is taxable
- Explain the significance of freight terms and invoice descriptions
- Recognize when to apply use tax and to whom to pay it
- Identify the principles of nexus and state registration
- Differentiate between the two types of audits and the corresponding techniques for negotiations
- Recognize the importance of written policies as internal controls
CPE Credit: Participants can earn up to 2 CPE credits in the Taxes field of study. Please note that CPE credit is only available for viewing the live program.
100% Money-Back Cancellation and Refund Policies: If you can’t make the live webinar, you may cancel at any time before the webinar begins for a full refund. If you are not satisfied with the webinar, we will provide you a full refund. For more information regarding refund, complaint and program cancellation policies, please call us at 703-372-0550.
Program Level: Beginner
Advanced Preparation: None
Instructional Method: Group-Internet Based
National Registry of CPE Sponsors: Clear Law Institute is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have the final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.learningmarket.org.