In this webinar, you’ll learn about what constitutes reasonable compensation for S Corp officers. Upon completion of the course, you’ll be able to:
- Explain what is considered an unreasonable salary
- Determine whether an individual is an employee
- List nine factors used by courts to determine reasonableness
- List factors used to determine what constitutes compensation
- Describe shareholder loans
- Discuss income to family members
- Identify relevant court cases and legal opinions
CPE Participants can earn up to 1.8 CPE credits in the Taxes field of study. Please note that CPE credit is only available for viewing the live program.
CLE Credit: Attorneys can earn CLE credit for this course.
Program Level: Beginner
Advance Preparation: None
Instructional Method: Group: Internet-based
National Registry of CPE Sponsors: Clear Law Institute is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have the final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.learningmarket.org.