In this practical webinar, you’ll receive an overview how attorney-client privilege is increasingly coming under pressure, whether from regulators who want more transparency or plaintiffs’ lawyers who argue that the privilege has been waived to gain an advantage in civil litigation. Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Identify and anticipate the most common threats to your valid assertion of attorney-client privilege
- Spot 10 mistakes that often cause companies to lose the protections of attorney-client privilege
- Implement three easy, low-cost strategies today to better position your company to preserve its privilege tomorrow
- Determine who can assist with an internal investigation, and who can receive your attorneys’ internal investigation report and advice, with the least risk of waiver
- Assess and mitigate the risk waiver that arises when your in-house counsel wears “two hats,” e.g., General Counsel and Chief Compliance Officer.
- Coordinate with internal and external auditors with an solid understanding of how doing so will affect assertions of privilege
- Spearhead cross-border and global internal investigations in a manner mindful of differing privilege laws in various jurisdictions