In the webinar, attorney Lester Rosen, author of “The Safe Hiring Manual,” will provide real world examples and suggestions on what employers should do now to comply with EEOC Guidance while performing criminal background checks. You will learn about:
- Longstanding court decisions and existing EEOC Guidance documents
- Employment discrimination based on race and national origin, criminal records, and employer practices
- The differences between arrest and conviction records
- Disparate treatment and disparate impact analysis under Title VII
- Employer defenses the EEOC believes meet the “job related and consistent with business necessity” standard
- Compliance with other federal laws and/or regulations that conflict with Title VI
- State and local laws or regulations preempted by Title VII
- EEOC Guidance best practices for employers
- Option for handling questions about post criminal records
- Criticisms of the new EEOC Guidance
- The Good, the Maybe and the Challenging stemming from the new EEOC Guidance
- What should employers do now?
At the end of the session, you will have a road map for action items you can implement immediately to demonstrate legal compliance.