In this practical webinar, you will learn about important considerations for evaluating whether and when to make a voluntary self-disclosure to the U.S. Department of Justice. You will also learn about recent policy announcements by the DOJ encouraging companies to self-disclose potential criminal conduct.
Upon course completion, you will be able to:
- Describe the latest developments in the DOJ’s corporate enforcement program, including:
- Efforts by the DOJ to encourage self-disclosures of issues arising during M&A activities
- Revisions to the DOJ’s policies on individual accountability
- Potential advantages of self-disclosures, including leniency and other incentives for cooperation and disclosure of potential wrongdoing
- Potential disadvantages of self-disclosures, including government scrutiny, cost, and institutional burdens
- Uncertainties associated with self-disclosures, including factual uncertainties, governmental reservations of discretion, and exposure to judicial uncertainty