In this webinar, you’ll learn how to prosecute and defend piercing the corporate veil claims. You’ll learn about the factors a court considers when deciding a piercing case and recent decisions from courts across the country that have grappled with piercing claims. Among other things, you’ll learn the answers to the following questions:
- What factors does a court consider when determining whether to pierce the corporate veil?
- Can parent companies or affiliated entities ever be held liable for related entity debts?
- Can non-shareholders ever be personally liable for corporate obligations?
- What are the pleading requirements for piercing sufficient to withstand a motion to dismiss?
- What kind of evidence does a piercing plaintiff have to offer to survive summary judgment?
- Can LLCs be pierced and if so, what are the requirements?
- What defenses can be raised to a piercing claim?
- What steps should someone take to avoid a future piercing the corporate veil claim?
- What are the alter-ego, instrumentality and equitable ownership doctrines and how do they apply in the piercing claim context?