Employers are subject to a variety of state and federal requirements for recordkeeping and retention of employment-related records. Employers are also subject to requirements regarding posting of notices and providing certain notices to employees in writing at specific times. These obligations are scattered throughout statutes, regulations, agency directives and even the common law.
In this webinar, you will learn about the primary recordkeeping obligations imposed on employers by federal employment laws, information about best practices and recordkeeping obligations that could apply to your organization. Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Perform a Records Retention Audit by assessing the entire content of your files
- Plan, develop, and implement a records management program
- Identify the types of records, forms, and documents you should maintain access to, archive, or destroy
- Implement security methods for storing and accessing sensitive documents and information
- Comply with requirements imposed by HIPAA, SEC, ISO, AICPA, FERC, and the FTC