The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) aims to ensure individual rights are protected, much like the aim of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). CCPA Compliance, in addition to GDPR compliance is necessary to ensure that the nuanced differences between the two laws are addressed.
In this practical webinar, you will receive detailed information on what corporations must do to legally prepare for compliance with the newly implemented California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA).
Among other things, you will learn:
- Best practices to implement regarding the collection, use, sharing, and safeguarding of information (including sensitive information) from consumers and employees
- Strategies to avoid missteps which could result in government enforcement actions and civil litigations
Upon course completion, you will be able to:
- Determine why CCPA is not GDRP ‘lite’
- Contrast and compare the similarities between CCPA and GDRP to prevent gaps in your compliance strategy
- Identify threshold questions to determine when the CCPA applies to your business
- Determine if your current privacy notice is sufficient for CCPA compliance
- Respond to requests from consumers regarding:
- What data your company holds on them?
- How that data is used?
- Who has received this data?
- What are the typical response times to answer these requests?
- Anticipate enforcement action procedures and penalties if it does go wrong