The Federal Circuit’s decision in Converse v. the ITC will impact the manner in which trade dress protection cases are litigated and may impact the manner in which applicants seek trade dress protection.
In this practical webinar, you will learn about the secondary meaning considerations articulated by the Federal Circuit, as well as the test for infringement that now encompasses “substantial similarity.”
Upon course completion, you will able to:
- Define the new secondary meaning considerations
- Outline the timing of infringement
- Apply the substantial similarity test
- Determine whether the Converse decision puts any limits on trade dress protection
- Ensure IP protection for products