In this practical webinar, you will receive step-by-step guidance for identifying, reporting, and returning overpayments in accordance with the Affordable Care Act and final 60 day overpayment rule requirements. Among other things you will learn:
- When an overpayment is “identified” triggering the 60 day report and return requirement
- The limitations on the final overpayment rule
- The proactive steps your organization should be taking to identify overpayments
- Options for reporting and returning overpayments
Upon course completion, you will be able to:
- Determine violations of the Stark law and Anti-Kickback Statute and how they may lead to an overpayment return obligation.
- Analyze when an overpayment has been identified, triggering the obligation to report and return the overpayment.
- Recognize the limitations in the 60-day rule (what the rule fails to address), including Medicaid overpayments, health care provider, and supplier obligations to report and return overpayments to Medicare Part C and D plans or sponsors, and what types of regulatory non-compliance may lead to overpayments, and understand the compliance best practices for addressing overpayments in these contexts.
- Identify the risks associated with non-compliance with the 60-day rule.
- Recognize the steps health care providers should take to facilitate compliance with the 60-day rule within their organizations.
- Analyze the potential paths for reporting and returning overpayments, including understanding the risks and benefits of each potential reporting path.
Advanced Preparation: None
Program Level: Intermediate
Field of Study: Accounting, Auditing
Credit Type: Group Internet Based for the Live Program.