Over the past several years, the World Bank has pursued parties that engage in sanctionable practices, including fraud and corruption, in connection with Bank projects. The Bank can impose a variety of sanctions, including debarring parties from participating in Bank projects. It is thus essential to understand how to navigate the Bank processes.
In this practical webinar, you will receive an in-depth summary on:
- The Bank’s sanctions and debarment process
- How matters are initiated
- Important steps in the review process
- How matters get adjudicated
Among other things, you will learn about recent enforcement actions and the compliance lessons that can be learned from those actions.
Upon course completion, you will be able to:
- Describe the Bank’s sanctions Process
- Recall the anatomy of the Bank’s investigation
- Identify the two-tiered sanctions process: Evaluation by Office of Suspension and Debarment (SDO) and Sanctions Board
- Determine recommended action
- Address Debarment, Cross Debarment, and Conditional Release
- Explain the settlement process
- Discuss recent enforcement