Fraud is increasingly present today as a result of technology and innovative crooks who have mastered the art of manipulating the system. They know who to target because they research your company and your staff with increasing accuracy. Making matters even worse, they continually find loopholes or weaknesses in the system, which they exploit with new frauds. While money can occasionally explain their motives, this is not always the case.
In this practical webinar, you will learn about various tools and best practices for recognizing and avoiding frauds in accounts payable to ensure that you do not fall victim to new frauds.
Upon course completion, you will be able to:
- Identify questionable emails with instructions that need further investigation
- Pinpoint situations that are enough out-of-the-ordinary that they don’t immediately jump right in
- Create procedures for accounts payable (and other accounting and finance) operations that will help detect potentially fraudulent situations.
- Update existing processes to eliminate those that might be allowing someone to take advantage of your organization
- Minimize the chances of your organization being a victim to new frauds
Advanced Preparation: None
Program Level: Intermediate
Field of Study: Accounting, Auditing
Credit Type: Group Internet Based for the Live Program.