All business owners want to operate a successful and growing business. Accomplishing this growth often requires entering new markets in different states. While these new states can offer exciting growth opportunities, they can also create various new tax obligations for the business. Determining whether these states have a legal right to tax your out-of-state business depends on whether your business has “nexus” with the state. In this practical webinar, you will examine the factors that can affect your nexus footprint.
Upon course completion, you will be able to:
- Define “nexus”
- Describe the history of jurisprudence, landmark cases, and the current law
- Differentiate between state income tax vs. state sales tax and their impact on nexus factors
- Identify “nexus” collections and internet sales tax
- Determine how to become SALT compliant
- Respond to nexus questionnaires
- Anticipate potential law changes
Program Level: Intermediate
Field of Study: Taxes
Credit Type: Group Internet Based for the Live Program.