In this practical webinar, you will learn about issues and techniques central to advising clients on mergers and acquisition. You will learn about tax issues that drive transaction structure, alternative approaches to negotiating transaction structures, and drafting and negotiating techniques.
Upon course completion, you will be able to:
- Identify tax and other factors involved in mergers and asset purchase transactions
- Draft asset purchase agreements and merger agreements
- Approach due diligence from both a buyer and a seller perspective
- Identify issues where subject specialist consultations may be required, such as:
- Intellectual property
- Craft indemnification provisions for specific and unique categories of risk
- Develop rapport with opposing counsel to increase the potential for smooth and issue-free closings
Program Level: Intermediate
Field of Study: Business Law – Technical
Credit Type: Group Internet Based for the Live Program.