In this practical webinar, you will learn about the federal and state securities laws, including an in-depth analysis of how those laws apply over the course of an operating company’s lifecycle. You will examine specific, real-life examples and receive practical guidance on how you can offer securities in compliance with the law.
Upon course completion, you will be able to answer the following questions:
- Beyond stocks and bonds, what types of instruments are securities?
- When is a promissory note a security? When is it not?
- When is a contract a security?
- When are tokens and coins securities?
- Who can you issue securities to?
- How can you use securities to compensate employees and consultants?
- What kind of information do you have to make available when offering securities?
- What happens after you issue securities, can they be transferred or resold?
- Which laws apply, federal or state or both, when issuing securities?
- Who is responsible for overseeing the securities laws?
- What happens when you fail to comply with the securities laws?
Program Level: Intermediate
Field of Study: Business Law
Credit Type: Group Internet-Based for the Live Program