Non-compete law is complex and constantly evolving, and varies drastically from one jurisdiction to the next. Some jurisdictions strongly favor non-competes, while others virtually ban them. Some jurisdictions impose highly specific limitations across the board, while others take a more flexible approach. Some courts will reform or strike out portions of an overly broad agreement to make it enforceable, while others will refuse to enforce an overly broad agreement at all.
And with this variety, comes uncertainty and growing controversy: Some view non-competes as essential to protecting business while others contend that they unduly restrict employee mobility. This webinar will provide you with a comprehensive analysis of the foundations of non-compete law, with an emphasis on current trends and developments. During this webinar, you will:
- Compare the different approaches states take to non-compete agreements
- Explore the standards courts apply in determining whether a non-compete agreement is enforceable
- Learn about the relationship between non-compete agreements and non-solicitation and non-disclosure agreements
- Receive strategies for obtaining—or resisting—an injunction in a non-compete case
- Discover the emerging trends in non-compete law and the considerations driving them