The scalability, accessibility, and convenience of software as a service (“SaaS”) platforms have resulted in their widespread adoption by service providers and software end users alike. But parties are often confused about software licensing and SaaS agreement models and the terms that should be included in a SaaS contract negotiation. In this practical webinar, you’ll receive step-by-step guidance on software licenses and SaaS contracts. You’ll learn how to negotiate SaaS contracts, avoid drafting problems, and prevent complicated disputes that can easily be avoided. Among other things, you’ll learn answers to the following questions:
- What are the primary differences between a software license and a SaaS contract?
- What are the special considerations that should be addressed in a SaaS contract that are not present in a software license?
- What drafting problems in SaaS contracts most frequently result in disputes?
- How can these drafting problems be avoided?
- What are key clauses that should be included in every SaaS contract?
- What are the special issues that should be contemplated by parties in a SaaS negotiation?
- What clauses are typically the most difficult to negotiate in a SaaS contract negotiation?
- Are there any new trends in SaaS contract negotiation?