Sales efforts, initial deal negotiations, inquiries and other transaction beginnings are now memorialized with increasing frequency. The question of characterization and enforceability of such memorializations can present challenges. In this webinar, you’ll learn about the enforceability of a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU), Letter of Intent (LOI) and similar arrangements. Among others, topics will include:
- How to identify and evaluate Letters of Intent, Memoranda of Understanding, Term Sheets, Expressions of Interest, Expressions of Intent. Inquiries & Responses (collectively, “Instruments”) and how each of those Instruments may relate to, become or be construed as
- How to evaluate the Instruments purposes as less-than-contract arrangements.
- Types of language that tend to determine the legal interpretation for the enforceability of Instruments.
- When and how to create an Instrument that is enforceable as to some aspects, but not others, along with guidance to determine which terms to make enforceable.
- When and how to use such Instruments in completing the final binding contract and in managing the transaction.
- When and how such Instruments should be terminated, even when a transaction goes forward.