In this practical webinar, you will learn how the 2017 Tax Act has changed the rules with respect to planning for the use of various tax losses as offsets to current and future taxable income.
Upon course completion, you will be able to:
- Identify the changes to the utilization rules for net operating losses and determine when in certain circumstances acceleration of deductions may not be advisable
- Describe how to segregate net operating loss pools for purposes of understanding how they will be absorbed in 2018 and future years
- Identify circumstances and taxpayer types when the rules for excess business losses as to non-corporate taxpayer will be applicable
- Describe the integration between passive losses and net operating losses
- Outline instances where the presence of net operating losses can affect the deduction for:
- Qualified business income (QBI)
- Global intangible low-tax income (GILTI)
- Foreign derived intangible income (FDII)
- Determine how the loss utilization rules affect business valuation and tax sharing agreements
- Identify implications relating to the intersection of the interest deduction limitation rules of Section 163(i) with net operating losses
Program Level: Intermediate
Field of Study: Taxes
Credit Type: Group Internet Based for the Live Program.