Today’s banking environment is very different from the past. In recent years, banks have been consolidating and expanding at rapid rates with new names showing up everywhere. As a result, loans are being negotiated and closed with rates and terms that are different than ever before. Business stakeholders are constantly challenged by the complexities of obtaining a commercial loan commitment and proper loan documentation. As such, re-education on matters of commercial loans and workouts needs is essential to promote effectiveness.
In this practical webinar, you will learn about the necessary tools, framework, and strategies to serve your clients on matters of loan negotiation and documentation. Among other things, you will review entire spectrum of commercial loans including:
- Negotiating the commitment letter
- The different types of commercial loans, including convertible loans
- The right to convert the debt
- Debenture or warrants to an equity position
- Alternatives to bank financing, loan documentation
- Legal opinion letters and workout alternatives
You will also receive a detailed overview on a wide range of planning and practice for both the seasoned practitioner and general practitioners who are just entering the commercial borrowing field. You will also dissect the negotiating process, learn winning strategies, and identify both deal makers and deal breakers.
Upon course completion, you will be able to:
- Identify best practices for loan negotiation and documentation needs
- Effectively navigate obtaining a commercial loan commitment and proper loan documentation