The IRS is continuing to aggressively pursue both civil and criminal penalties against taxpayers. In this practical webinar, you will learn about:
- Numerous penalties and defenses to penalties
- Strategies for defending against penalties
- Abatement of penalties, including in an IRS criminal investigation
Among other things, you will learn about the policies of the IRS, regarding penalties and procedures for seeking relief from penalties.
Upon course completion, you will be able to:
- Recognize and anticipate situations where the IRS may pursue penalties
- Utilize proactive steps to head off potential penalties
- Respond to penalty proposals during examinations
- Prepare responses to penalty notices and requests for abatement of penalties
Advanced Preparation: None
Program Level: Intermediate
Field of Study: Taxes, Auditing
Credit Type: Group Internet Based for the Live Program.