In this practical webinar, you will learn how to set salaries for owners of S-Corporations to avoid IRS penalties. This is not an easy task since specific guidelines do not exist for setting S-Corporation salaries, as the IRS uses a “facts and circumstances” test. You will learn how to set a reasonable salary to save significant payroll taxes and avoid potential IRS problems.
Upon course completion, you will be able to:
- Describe the basics of payroll tax savings in an S-Corporation
- Determine what constitutes as reasonable compensation
- Reference case law analysis and relevant statute interpretation
- Outline and implement S-Corporation salary best practices
- Analyze issues for one owner S-Corporations
- Determine the impact of Tax Reform and provide 199-A analysis
- Avoid unreasonable distributions
- Prevent IRS audits
Field of Study: Taxes, Business Management & Organization (Non-Technical)
Program Level: Intermediate
Credit Type: Group Internet-Based for the Live Program.