There is a wide array of federal record retention requirements that apply to government contractors and grant recipients. Nowadays, even determining whether certain electronic documents or communications qualify as a “record” can be challenging. In this practical webinar, you will learn about the scope of record retention obligations, particularly in the context of federal audits and investigations. You will learn how to propose best practices for ensuring that your organization and clients fully comply with all relevant federal requirements.
Upon course completion, you will be able to:
- Describe the requirements imposed on federal award recipients by the federal record retention regulations, including federal statute-specific obligations imposed on certain type of federal contracts
- Identify the basic federal record retention requirements and type of records subject to these requirements
- Recognize and address the interrelated challenges (and collateral issues) faced by federal award recipients when seeking to comply with federal record retention requirements
- Anticipate the issues federal award recipients face when seeking to comply with the federal record retention requirements, and related audit and litigation issues that can result from a failure to comply with the federal record retention requirements
- Recommend to your organization best practices to ensure full compliance with federal record retention requirements and related contract and grant-specific requirements