From time to time, professionals are called on to take on additional assignments on top of an already packed schedule. These can range from simple tasks which can be completed in a matter of days to more extensive assignments which can take months to complete. Most of these initiatives can be viewed as projects as a result of their unique characteristics and their set start and end date. These projects are not accounted for in one’s day-to-day work or job description.
In this practical webinar, you will learn the basics of project management through various easy-to-use tools. You will be able to achieve the results your organization expects by applying these fundamental approaches to manage your work productively and systematically. You don’t need a title or certification to benefit from traditional project management approaches and can apply them to other aspects of your work.
Upon course completion, you will be able to:
- Recognize the “business problem” before the project begins
- Eliminate the “To-Do” list and instead organize tasks into logical activities
- Create a project plan to guide all your efforts
- “Manage” your project “team” even if you don’t have one
- Keep critical stakeholders informed and involved
- Track progress and recognize quickly when things are slipping
- Lead effective project meetings
- Apply lessons learned to the next project
Field of Study: Management
Program Level: Intermediate
Credit Type: Group Internet-Based for the Live Program.