Owners, managers, and third-party users seek information about the financial position, results of operations, and cash flow. For many non-accountants, the statement of cash flows is easier to understand than other basic financial statements. Yet, many accountants shy away from preparing statement of cash flows.
You will learn not only how to properly prepare cash flow statements, but to also understand its importance to users of financial statements. In a global economy where “cash is king”, understanding how the statement of cash flows can provide answers to questions is vital.
In this practical webinar, you will learn:
- Format, objective purpose, and source of statement
- Classifying investing, financing, and operating activities
- Direct versus indirect methods of preparing operating activities
Upon course completion, you will be able to:
- Identify the major classifications of cash flows
- Contrast the direct and indirect methods of calculating net cash flows from operating activities
- Prepare a statement of cash flows
- Identify sources of information for a statement of cash flows
Field of Study: Accounting
Instructional Method: Self-Study credit (Please note that to receive Self-Study credit you will need to complete a final exam after viewing the webinar.)