One of the most difficult roles the Human Resources Department is faced with is managing an employee’s need for leave while remaining compliant with “the Bermuda Triangle of leave laws” which exists in the space between workers’ compensation laws, the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), and the American with Disabilities Act (ADA). In this practical webinar, you will learn how to navigate various employment laws including workers’ compensation laws, the FMLA, and the ADA.
Upon course completion, you will be able to:
- Recognize the interaction of the ADA, FMLA, and workers’ compensation laws
- Describe the purposes of the three laws and why they often conflict
- Identify the areas of interplay between the three laws those employers need to consider when managing employee absenteeism
- Explain the overlapping processes of ADA, FMLA, and workers’ compensation and determine how they can run more smoothly.
- Explain the ADA interactive process – key to avoiding the Bermuda Triangle
- Steer clear of stinging jellyfish: the DOL, the EEOC, and state administrative agencies