A probate jury leaves little room for error. Trial counsel must employ the right tools in jury selection in order to expose potential jurors who possess experiential biases hostile to the client’s trial narrative.
In this practical webinar, you will learn tips and techniques to successfully unmask bias within the probate jury panel. Among other things, you will learn about:
- How conventional wisdom for empaneling a trial jury differs for the probate dispute
- Why probate panels are inherently biased
- Jury decision-making and techniques that trial lawyers can employ during voir dire to connect to the jury audience
- The importance of identifying key case themes during trial preparation and later using those themes to develop questions to query the panel
- Creating the Supplemental Juror Questionnaire, and important considerations when seeking both the agreement from opposing counsel and permission from the trial judge
- How a deep dive into family of origin can help you avoid the minefield and win the case