The 2017 Tax Cuts and Jobs Act (TCJA) has created a wealth of new opportunities for owners of commercial real estate. The Tangible Property Regulations (TPRs) and other strategies are still operating in this post tax-reform era and in fact augment the utility of the TCJA. Accordingly, a thorough cost segregation study can be used as the channel by which to obtain the various benefits generated under the TCJA of 2017. In this practical webinar, you will explore various strategies–old and new–to ensure that all benefits are fully leveraged as part of a comprehensive tax plan.
Upon course completion, you will be able to:
- Describe how cost segregation is the vehicle by which tax savings opportunities are obtained.
- Utilize a TPR flowchart to assist in the expense vs. capitalization decision-making process.
- Identify possible opportunities for leveraging the TPRs.
- Explain the significance of the date 9/27/17 in determining bonus rates for new construction projects and acquisitions.
- Analyze the implications of the Interest Deduction Limitation.
- Review the current status of Qualified Improvement Property under the TCJA.
- Outline Section 179 and Opportunity Zones under the TCJA.
Advanced Preparation: None
Program Level: Intermediate
Field of Study: Taxes
Credit Type: Group Internet Based for the Live Program.