In Part 2 of Excel Dashboards, you will learn how to reap the benefits of using dashboards from Excel expert, David Ringstrom, CPA. In this practical webinar, you will learn how to use pivot tables, pivot charts, sparklines, slicers, and other features that allow you to present data in summary form, while still giving you easy access to the underlying details.
You will see each technique demonstrated at least twice: first, on a PowerPoint slide with numbered steps, and second, in Excel 2019. You will identify differences in Excel 2016, 2013, or 2010 and will receive detailed handouts. You will also receive an Excel workbook that includes the examples presented during the webinar.
You will learn how to:
- Use linked pictures as a navigation tool to return to the source pivot table
- Amend queries exported from Microsoft Query
- Recognize the conflict that a linked picture overlaying a slicer can pose
- Create self-updating chart titles that change automatically as you filter or slice data related to the chart
- Navigate past the “PivotTable field name already exists” prompt once and for all
- Jump-start data visualization with the Quick Analysis feature
- Hide or reveal Excel’s Ribbon interface using a simple macro technique
- Streamline filtering of lists in Excel 2013 and later by using the Slicer feature with tables
- Utilize the Timeline feature in Excel 2013 and later to filter pivot tables based on date ranges
- Use the Group command to interactively hide/unhide columns (and/or rows) within Excel worksheets
Upon course completion, you will be able to:
- Identify which versions of Excel permit using slicers with both tables and pivot tables
- Identify the key you hold down to select two or more nonadjacent columns or rows
- State the Excel feature that the Table feature disables within a given workbook
To register for both parts of this webinar series together, please click here.
Prerequisites: None. Experience with Excel Pivot Tables Recommended.
Advance Preparation: None
Program Level: Intermediate
Field of Study: Computer & Software Applications (2 hours for each part, 4 hours total)
Format: Live Webcast
Credit Type: Group Internet Based for the Live Program. [If you attend the program on-demand (after the live date), you will receive Self-Study credit. Please note that to receive Self-Study credit you will need to complete a final exam after viewing the webinar.]