The webinar will provide you with practical tips on how to identify when a client is a victim of financial elder abuse, and steps that can be taken to protect the elder. You will also receive specific examples of who are the most likely perpetrators of financial abuse, how they accomplish the abuse, what red-flags are indicative of financial abuse, and what to do once you suspect financial abuse is occurring. Finally, you will explore available legal remedies to help you assist the elder or concerned family member in stopping the abuse and recovering assets. During this webinar, you will:
- Learn how to identify when a client is the victim of financial elder abuse;
- Analyze the common indicators and red flags of financial abuse;
- Understand who is most likely to commit financial elder abuse—and how they get away with it;
- Receive best practices for advising clients when you suspect financial elder abuse is occurring;
- Explore common legal remedies for addressing financial elder abuse and recovering assets.
This course qualifies for Elder Abuse Reporting CLE credit in Oregon.