In this webinar, you’ll learn about the tax implications of gambling earnings and losses. Upon completion of the course, you’ll be able to:
- Describe the tax rules around gambling, including the impact of the Cohan case
- Explain the rules for substantiating what expenses or losses can be used to offset gambling winnings
- Describe what the IRS and courts have considered acceptable documents and proof of expenses
- Discuss how to determine whether an individual is a professional gambler
- Explain the rules related to online gambling and the effect on FINCEN reporting
CPE Participants can earn up to 1.8 CPE credits in the Taxes field of study. Please note that CPE credit is only available for viewing the live program.
CLE Credit: Attorneys can earn CLE credit for this course.
Program Level: Beginner
Advance Preparation: None
Instructional Method: Group: Internet-based
National Registry of CPE Sponsors: Clear Law Institute is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have the final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.learningmarket.org.