In Part 2 of this practical webinar, Excel expert, David Ringstrom, CPA, takes you beyond the basics of using Excel’s Record Macro.
In this comprehensive presentation, you will learn how to enhance the code you’ve created by adding error-handling features and decision-making capabilities. You will also learn techniques and keyboard shortcuts to help you eliminate repetitive tasks and become more proficient with Excel macros.
You will see each technique demonstrated at least twice: first, on a PowerPoint slide with numbered steps, and second, in Excel 2019. You will identify differences in Excel 2016, 2013, or 2010 and will receive detailed handouts. You will also receive an Excel workbook that includes the examples presented during the webinar.
Who Should Attend:
Practitioners who would like to expand their knowledge of using Excel macros to speed up their work in Excel.
Topics Typically Covered:
- Choose the proper file workbook format to preserve macros within Excel workbooks
- Explore Excel’s Goal Seek feature, which can be used to solve for a single missing input
- Utilize the “Application.GetOpenFIleName” method to prompt users to select a file while a macro is running
- Provide feedback to a user by way of the “MsgBox” method within a macro
- Trigger and then resolve compile errors within Excel macros
- Enable the hidden Developer menu in Excel to access additional functionality
- Utilize the array of form controls available within Excel
- Identify syntax errors within Excel macros
- Use the “Workbooks.Open” method to open a specific workbook while a macro is running
- Apply an enhanced understanding of Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) macros
- List techniques, features, and keyboard shortcuts that will help you eliminate repetitive tasks
- Implement Excel’s Goal Seek feature
This is part two of a two-part webinar series. To register for both parts together at a discounted price, please click here.
CPE Credit: Participants can earn up to 2 CPE credits in the Computer Software and Applications field of study for each webinar in this series.
100% Money-Back Cancellation and Refund Policies: If you are not satisfied with the webinar, we will provide you a full refund. For more information regarding refund, complaint and program cancellation policies, please call us at 703-372-0550.
Program Level: Basic
Advance Preparation: None
Instructional Method: Group-Internet based for the live webinar/QAS Self-Study for the recorded webinar
National Registry of CPE Sponsors: Clear Law Institute is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have the final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.learningmarket.org.