In this practical webinar, you will learn techniques from Excel expert, David Ringstrom, CPA that you can use to verify the integrity of even the most complicated Excel spreadsheets. Among other things, you will learn how to use Excel’s formula auditing and error-checking tools, identify duplicates in a list, monitor the ramifications of even minor changes made to your workbooks, use the Evaluate Formula feature, and much more.
You will see each technique demonstrated at least twice: first, on a PowerPoint slide with numbered steps, and second, in Excel 2019. You will identify differences in Excel 2016, 2013, or 2010 and will receive detailed handouts. You will also receive an Excel workbook that includes the examples presented during the webinar.
You will learn how to:
- Control Excel’s green error-checking prompts by managing the underlying rules
- Hide and display cell comments as one
- Locate all cells that contain comments
- Add a macro to Excel that adds the ability to display any formula in a cell comment
- Print a list of all cell comments on a worksheet or printing visible comments
- Remove Conditional Formatting when it’s no longer needed within a spreadsheet
- Audit portions of a formula by using the F9 key to temporarily convert part of a formula to a value
- Audit the data source behind pivot tables in Excel spreadsheets
- Use the Watch Window to easily monitor the ramifications of even minor changes to your workbooks
Upon course completion, you will be able to:
- State the location of the Edit Links command within Excel’s ribbon menu
- State which Conditional Formatting menu contains the Duplicate Values option
- Recall which versions of Excel offer the FORMULATEXT function
Suggested Audience: Practitioners who review and audit Excel spreadsheets created by others, or those who wish to improve the integrity of their own spreadsheets.
Prerequisites: None. Experience with Excel Spreadsheets Recommended.
Advance Preparation: None
Program Level: Intermediate
Field of Study: Computer & Software Applications (2 hours)
Format: Live Webcast
Credit Type: Group Internet Based for the Live Program. [If you attend the program on-demand (after the live date), you will receive Self-Study credit. Please note that to receive Self-Study credit you will need to complete a final exam after viewing the webinar.]