In this practical webinar, you will learn how franchisors and franchisees use bankruptcy as a business strategy, and how to protect your interests in bankruptcy. You will learn how lenders, vendors, and other stakeholders can help or hinder reorganization. You will also learn the importance of terminating contracts before bankruptcy and the use of work-out agreements.
This webinar will be of particular interest to franchisors, franchisees, and creditors of franchise-related companies.
Upon course completion, you will be able to:
- Protect franchise assets before bankruptcy.
- Protect franchisor/creditor rights before bankruptcy is filed.
- Gather allies before and during the bankruptcy.
- Determine strategies to implement before and during the bankruptcy.
- Describe the role of the lender before and after bankruptcy.
- Use Bankruptcy Code Section 363 sales to avoid total liquidation.
- Use procedural motions to advance your position in bankruptcy.
- Use the claims process to your advantage.
- Utilize the bankruptcy practice and federal jurisdiction to resolve disputes.
- Acquire franchise assets in bankruptcy.