E-Verify is the free web-based service administered by U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service (USCIS) and the Social Security Administration (SSA) that allows enrolled employers to electronically verify the employment eligibility of their new hires. From the federal perspective, E-Verify is voluntary for most users. However, it is mandatory, in some form or fashion, in over 20 states and for a host of federal contractors. In this practical webinar, you will learn the details of E-Verify, real-world practical applications, and how to effectively utilize the service.
Upon course completion, you will be able to:
- Define the practical application of E-Verify
- Identify the link between Form I-9 and E-Verify
- Enroll and conduct employment eligibility verifications using E-Verify
- Improve your employment eligibility verification compliance processes and program
- Reference real-world examples that will assist in your understanding and usage of E-Verify, and answer your company’s questions