Businesses are rapidly embracing “digital transformation.” Paper-and-ink-based processes are not just being automated; they are being uprooted and redesigned by a new generation of executives who embrace technology as a necessary survival tool. In this webinar, you’ll learn about the legal principles and precedents that will help you navigate the statutory, regulatory and practical elements of e-signature regimes. Among other things, the course will cover topics such as:
- The key sources of law that influence 85% of worldwide e-signature statutes
- Reconciling contradictions between state, federal, and international laws and regulations
- Rules of thumb for advising on browse-wrap and shrink-wrap contracts
- Special considerations for consumer transactions
- Courts’ assessment of contract law and e-signatures
- Blockchain, “smart contracts” and distributed ledger technology
- Emerging state laws on electronic wills, e-title and remote notary.