In this webinar, you’ll learn how to build budget spreadsheets that can be updated effortlessly and contain easy-to-follow supporting calculations. You’ll learn how to separate inputs from calculations, streamline formula writing, preserve key formulas, and create both operating and cash flow budgets. Upon completion of this course, you’ll be able to:
- Apply and isolate all user entries to an inputs worksheet and protect all calculations and budget schedules on additional worksheets
- Use range names and the Table feature to create resilient and easy-to-maintain spreadsheets
- Calculate borrowings from, and repayments toward, a working capital line of credit
- Apply several Excel functions, including:
- IFNA, IFERROR, and ISERROR
- ROUNDUP and ROUNDDOWN
- SUM and SUMIF
David demonstrates every technique at least twice, first on a PowerPoint slide with numbered steps, and second in Excel 2016. He’ll draw to your attention any differences in Excel 2013, 2010, or 2007 during the presentation as well as in his detailed handouts.
Topics typically covered:
- Learn how range names can minimize errors, save time in Excel, serve as navigation aids, and store information in hidden locations.
- Learn how the Table feature allows you to transform filtering tasks.
- Streamline formula writing by using the Use in Formula command.
- Learn a simple design technique that greatly improves the integrity of Excel’s SUM function.
- Avoid the complexity of nested IF statements with Excel’s CHOOSE function.
- Compare the IFNA, IFERROR, and ISERROR functions and learn which versions of Excel support these worksheet functions.
- Use the SUMIF function to summarize data based on a single criterion.
- Preserve key formulas using hide and protect features.
- Improve the integrity of spreadsheets with Excel’s VLOOKUP function.
- Go beyond simple rounding with the ROUNDUP and ROUNDDOWN worksheet functions.
CPE Credit: Participants can earn up to 2 CPE credits in the Computer Science field of study. Please note that CPE credit is only available for viewing the live program.
100% Money-Back Cancellation and Refund Policies: If you can’t make the live webinar, you may cancel at any time before the webinar begins for a full refund. If you are not satisfied with the webinar, we will provide you a full refund. For more information regarding refund, complaint and program cancellation policies, please call us at 703-372-0550.
Program Level: Intermediate
Prerequisites: Previous experience with Excel spreadsheets
Advanced Preparation: None
Instructional Method: Group-Internet Based
National Registry of CPE Sponsors: Clear Law Institute is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have the final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.learningmarket.org.