In 2018, the United States announced significant changes to the operations of the Committee on Foreign Investment in the United States, the US governmental body that reviews foreign investment in the United States that could impact US national security. The changes expand the scope of investment that may trigger CFIUS review and broaden the range of industries likely to be covered under CFIUS’s jurisdiction.
In this practical webinar, you will receive an overview of the most important changes and the industries – such as healthcare, bio-tech, and finance – that may be affected most acutely. You will learn the best practices for navigating CFIUS matters in the context of this new landscape.
Upon course completion, you will be able to:
- Outline the CFIUS process
- Recognize significant changes brought about by the Foreign Investment Risk Review Modernization Act (FIRRMA)
- Advise on the types of transactions that may trigger CFIUS jurisdiction
- Analyze the strategic benefits of making a mandatory declaration as opposed to a formal filing
- Prepare a CFIUS submission that minimizes CFIUS questions during the review period
- Develop an approach for a successful CFIUS review process