In this practical webinar, you will receive step-by-step guidance on how to avoid and defend against ADA reasonable accommodation claims. Among other things, you will receive guidance on best practices that minimize the potential for liability.
Upon course completion, you will be able to:
- Determine what steps you should take as part of the interactive process for investigating reasonable accommodation claims
- Determine the best course of action you should follow if an employee fails to respond to your request for information about the employee’s medical condition and need for a reasonable accommodation
- Distinguish the various types of reasonable accommodations that you may be required to provide to employees with disabilities and those you do not have to provide
- Identify what factors you should consider in responding to an employee’s request to telework as a reasonable accommodation
- Recognize when you can hold an employee with a disability to the same performance and conduct standards as other employees
- Anticipate and avoid mistakes in handling reasonable accommodation requests