In this webinar, you’ll learn how to successfully apply for tax-exempt status for charitable and non-charitable organizations and avoid common pitfalls. Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Identify the appropriate application form
- Understand the requirements for filing the shortened form, Form 1023-EZ
- Describe the process for organizations that have had their tax-exempt status automatically revoked
- Determine the effective date of tax-exempt status
- Explain when organizations may “self-declare” tax-exempt status
- Avoid frequent mistakes when filing Form 1023
- Recognize when litigation is appropriate
- Describe the most effective way to respond to questions from the IRS
- Determine when to request technical advice
- Prepare an effective protest to an adverse determination
CPE and CLE Credit: Participants can earn up to 1.5 CPE credits in the Taxes field of study. Please note that CPE credit is only available for viewing the live program. Attorneys can earn CLE credit for this course.
100% Money-Back Cancellation and Refund Policies: If you can’t make the live webinar, you may cancel at any time before the webinar begins for a full refund. If you are not satisfied with the webinar, we will provide you a full refund. For more information regarding refund, complaint and program cancellation policies, please call us at 703-372-0550.
Program Level: Beginner
Advanced Preparation: None
Instructional Method: Group-Internet Based
National Registry of CPE Sponsors: Clear Law Institute is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have the final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.learningmarket.org.