In this practical webinar, you will learn how Opportunity Zone (OZ) investments represent one of the best tax advantaged and tax-saving strategies for investors right now. As advisors, your clients are turning to you for advice on understanding this new tax provision and how to properly understand the rules and process. You will learn an overview of Opportunity Zone investments and will receive an in-depth side by side comparison of this investment and tax strategy compared to IRC Section 1031 tax deferred exchanges.
Upon course completion, you will be able to:
- Outline Opportunity Zone time deadlines and rules and processes;
- Describe the three (3) ways to combine Opportunity Zone and Section 1031 exchanges;
- Describe the two (2) approaches that DO NOT work combining OZ with Section 1031;
- Compare each strategy and note which approach works best for different investment scenarios;
- Determine when OZ is generally the preferred strategy and summarize why;
- Determine when Section 1031 is the preferred strategy and summarize why.
Program Level: Intermediate
Field of Study: Taxes
Credit Type: Group Internet Based for the Live Program.