The initial meeting with a probate client is often fraught with emotion. The client, still grieving from the loss of their loved one, may not absorb the information being conveyed, forcing the attorney or paralegal to repeat themselves multiple times. This creates a process which is inefficient, frustrating and costly, leading to complaints from the Executor and beneficiaries.
This webinar will help you guide clients through the probate process in a way that sets realistic goals, deadlines and expectations, while avoiding common problems with probate administration. You will also gain valuable tools to understand, manage and navigate the probate process from start to finish, by providing information and checklists to help manage creditors’ claims, important deadlines and probate assets. In this webinar, you will learn how to:
- Handle the initial client contact
- Develop an effective probate process, while recognizing potential issues and problem areas
- File pleadings to open probate, including testate vs. intestate, the appointment of executor, notice requirements, and deadlines
- Administer the estate, including how to establish a timeline of events and a tickler system, how to distinguish what assets are subject to probate, and statutory allowances
- Handle creditor claims, including notice requirements, validity and payment, and
- Complete administration, including how to create a closing checklist, deal with unresolved issues, pay all valid claims, debts, expenses and taxes, pay fiduciary and attorney fees, and resolve other accounting issues